3VB is a proud sponsor of this year’s Global Arbitration Review’s Live: Women in Arbitration 2023 conference on Thursday 7 December at the Shangri-La Hotel, Paris.
Designed as a platform to promote and celebrate the outstanding women practicing international arbitration, the day is a unique opportunity for arbitration practitioners to hear highly topical discussion that spotlights the female talent in the field. Bringing together panels of the leading arbitrators, private practice lawyers, expert witnesses and funders, the conference is an excellent opportunity to hear from the leading women in the field.
3VB’s Miriam Schmelzer will be speaking on a panel covering ‘Arbitration in the context of increasing ESG obligations’, which will discuss:
- Issues of interpretation, enforceability, and compliance in disputes with ESG issues
- Is arbitration the proper forum to resolve ESG disputes, in terms of process but also remedies?
- Contracts may impose ESG obligations, including specific representations and warranties, and lead to post M&A disputes, how best to address those?
- What are the international instruments that may be used in this area? How effective are they?
- How to work with in-house counsel and business and human rights lawyers to resolve ESG related disputes?
The panel will be moderated by Gaëlle Filhol, Partner at Pinsent Masons.