- Chambers & Partners UK Bar (2022)The set is well regarded for its handling of contentious commercial insolvencies, and regularly called upon to act for insolvency practitioners in high-value, cross-border recovery actions.
3VB is ranked as a leading set of chambers in insolvency and restructuring in both Chambers & Partners and Legal 500. 3VB has long-standing, in-depth experience in this field, with many of our barristers recognised for their work by the legal directories. Our members regularly act in high profile cases, ranging from the complex determinations in the Lehman Brothers insolvency to cases of public importance on the use of guarantees such as McGuiness.
Much of 3VB’s banking, financial services and civil fraud work contains aspects of insolvency where, for instance, one of the parties to the action has entered insolvency proceedings. Further, a number of members of chambers are frequently instructed on ‘pure’ insolvency and restructuring matters, including schemes of arrangement.
Cases of note include the following:
- the £100m+ claim in Rangers Football Club v Collyer Bristow LLP
- the £multi-million claim in Quarry Hill Investments Limited v Robert Basil Hersov
- €Multi-million litigation arising from the collapse of Icelandic bank Kaupthing
- the €100million trading dispute in Lehman Brothers International (Europe) (In Administration) v DZ Bank AG and Bank Of New York Mellon
- the Supreme Court decision in Re D&D Wines
- the £1 billion conspiracy action in Phones 4U v Vodafone & others
3VB has an excellent reputation in this area with many of our barristers recognised for their work in the legal directories Chambers & Partners and Legal 500.