3VB hosts a Student Open Day annually, where students are offered the chance to learn more about 3VB and the Commercial Bar. Further details of what is covered during the sessions given by members of Chambers on the day are below. We will announce the date of the 2022 Open Day shortly.
All university students are welcome to attend the session. We particularly welcome those who have not yet studied law or are in their first year of a law degree. The Open Day is intended to provide those at the early stages of investigating a legal career with a real insight into a life at the Commercial Bar. It will include the following topics:
- Talks from 3VB’s Barristers and Practice Managers about life and practice at the Commercial Bar;
- Opportunities to meet Members of Chambers and to ask questions informally;
- Discussion of routes to the bar, including for non-law undergraduates;
- An explanation of 3VB’s mini-pupillage scheme;
- First-hand accounts of the pupillage year and the tenancy decision from recent recruits;
- Tips on applying for mini-pupillage and pupillage;
- Practical suggestions for financing ongoing studies and qualification;
- Discussion of the support available to facilitate work-life balance and explanation of how Chambers operates
This Open Day is an informal event intended to provide information to students: it does not constitute a mini-pupillage and is not assessed in any way.
If there is any aspect of the Open Day that you would like to discuss further, please do not hesitate to contact Petra Bailey on 020 7831 8441 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
3VB is committed to Equality and Diversity. We do not tolerate discrimination of any form (gender, gender re-assignment, pregnancy and maternity, race (including colour, nationality and ethnic or national origins), sexual orientation, age, disability, marriage and civil partnership and religion or belief). We also recognise that women, members of ethnic minorities and those with disabilities are currently under-represented at the commercial bar. We encourage applications from these groups.