Before being called to the Bar, Sarah had a previous career in voluntary sector IT as co-founder and Managing Director of a company supplying an online management system to charities.
During pupillage Sarah gained exposure to work across Chambers’ areas of expertise including banking, insurance, fraud, international arbitration, regulatory matters and commercial litigation.
Before taking tenancy, Sarah assisted her supervisors and other members of Chambers in various matters across 3VB’s practice areas. Highlights include:
- Covid-19 business interruption insurance test case – Commercial Court  EWHC 2448 (Comm) and Supreme Court, judgment pending (assisting Adam Kramer)
- Acting for a bank in a £3m claim arising out of failure to freeze proceeds of fraud (assisting Adam Kramer).
- Etihad Airways PJSC v Air Berlin – Court of Appeal 2020. €2bn airline financing dispute, jurisdiction battle. (assisting Adam Kramer)
- LCIA arbitration concerning a privatization in the gambling sector (assisting Judy Fu)
- LCIA arbitration involving the energy sector in Africa (assisting Adam Kramer and Judy Fu)
- Broomhead v National Westminster Bank – acting on behalf of a bank to resist a claim that an earlier judgment dismissing a £17m claim made by a customer was tainted by fraud (assisting Charlotte Eborall).
- Winlink Marketing Ltd v Liverpool Football Club & Athletic Grounds Ltd  EWHC 2271 (Comm) – claim for commission against premiership football club relating to sponsorship deal (assisting William Day and Andrew Sutcliffe QC).
- Lombard North Central plc v European SkyJets Limited and others  EWHC 679 (QB) – appeal in relation to a first instance refusal to set aside a default judgment concerning the validity of a default notice (assisting Charlotte Eborall)
- Part 71 oral examination proceedings and related committal applications in relation to the recovery of a £9.5m judgment debt (assisting Charlotte Eborall)
- Camelot v Goodram (2020) – a claim brought against Camelot by the winner of a £4m lottery scratchcard prize where it was alleged that the scratchcard had been purchased using a stolen bank card (assisting Philip Hinks).
- ROVOP v Atlantic Marine (2020) – Acting for the manufacturer and supplier of submersible remotely operated vehicles (ROVs) in mandatory injunction proceedings for the delivery up of an ROV and ancillary relief (assisting Philip Hinks).
Sarah was co-founder and Managing Director of a company providing online management software to the voluntary sector. After her legal training and before commencing pupillage, Sarah spent some time as a Law Reporter in the Chancery Division team of the Incorporated Council of Law Reporting. She has also been Assistant Curator in a university Zoology museum and during her PhD was a Philosophy Tutor at the University of Sheffield.