Can Yeginsu will be moderating one of the panels at the American Society of International Law’s 116th Annual Meeting on Thursday 7 April at 8pm UK time.
This panel discussion will consider whether the existing international framework for the protection of journalists is working. The panelists will attempt to answer what more must be done to safeguard and promote media freedom around the world and what, in particular, is the role of international law in answering this critical question.
Can will be the moderator of this session, alongside speakers:
- Hina Jilani, The Elders, former UN Special Representative on Human Rights Defenders
- David McCraw, The New York Times Company
- Jeffrey Marder, Human Rights and Indigenous Affairs Policy Division
- Nadim Houry, Arab Reform Initiative
- Karuna Nundy, Nundy Chambers
This hybrid event will take place at Washington Hilton (Columbia 5-8) and will be live-streamed.
Click here to find out more and to view the full programme.